Real Estate | Thinking Green
Committed to Environmental Stewardship
Our goal is to create lasting and sustainable places to live, work, and play.
We approach the development of each community with an in-depth understanding of common values and come prepared with balanced solutions for growth. No two communities are alike. Through thoughtful planning and design Forestar is able to integrate single- and multi-family, mixed-use and commercial space while addressing each community's unique values, needs and lifestyle preferences. From infrastructure elements such as water, sewer and roadways to natural open spaces or amenities, we deliver long-term quality and a superior standard of living for community residents.
We are committed to environmental stewardship and maintaining integrity in all that we do. That includes our commitment to developing communities that provide balanced solutions through social, environmental and economic sustainability. Forestar continually seeks high levels of social and environmental responsibility for our developments. Through our balanced solutions approach, we integrate green spaces and open areas into our communities, integrate water and energy saving features, and strive to conserve the natural beauty of surrounding areas. We also work cooperatively with municipalities, adhere to local preservation ordinances and integrate many voluntary, long-range environmental management programs into our developments.
Some of the design, construction and operating practices we may employ in our developments include:
- Conservation: low-flow water fixtures and low-E (low-emissivity) windows utilized by our builders, as well as a number of other energy-saving features
- Protection of environmentally sensitive features
- Control of invasive plant materials
- Protection of large native trees
- Wildlife management plans utilized on large acreages to manage native plants, grasses and wildlife
- Golf course irrigation through closed-loop system design to capture irrigation and storm water runoff
- Integrated pest control management to limit the amount, frequency and toxicity of pesticide application
- Water quality management zones to protect subsurface effects from golf course operations
- Limited impervious cover